Shopify is a comprehensive e-commerce package that helps small businesses and freelancers sell their goods online. It’s quick and simple to set up, making it easy for even the biggest technophobes to start selling online in a few clicks.
What Is SEO?
SEO or search engine optimisation is a way to divert web traffic to your site using keywords and key phrases. At the most basic level, SEO involves using well researched phrases in your web content to move your site up the ranks in search engines like Google and Bing.
Securing capital as a startup is no easy task but it is possible if you take the right steps before jumping straight into a pitch or business plan. This guide shows you some of the important steps you need to take before and during your journey to raise capital.
If you’re considering hiring a new employee for your business, then you’ll probably already know how much you need to do if you want to get from A to Z without any hiccups. Luckily, this step by step checklist is on hand to help you hire the perfect person for the job.
- Ensure you’re registered as a Limited Company so you can legally employ someone and notify HMRC.
- Ensure you have taken out the right employer insurance.
- Decided on a name for the role and appropriate salary.
- Produce an honest and well thought out job description, stating whether the role needs background checks or experience.
- Select the person or persons who will be conducting interviews.
- Develop a unique set of interview questions including open ended ones and basic ones.
- Set a specific cut-off date for applications.
- Post the role online on relevant jobsites and if needed, use a recruiter for additional support.
- Sort potential candidate applications into successful and unsuccessful ‘piles’.
- Create notes on each potential candidate before the interview for a more personalised interview.
- Notify both successful and unsuccessful candidates.
- Set specific interview times and dates and notify candidates of details, including address and contact number.
- Conduct interviews and take relevant notes on candidates as appropriate.
- Review all candidates and eliminate unsuccessful applicants.
- Create a second round of interview questions and interview tasks (if appropriate).
- Notify unsuccessful applicants and provide constructive feedback.
- Notify successful applicants, congratulate and release details of second interview.
- Check references of potential applicants.
- Undertake second round of interviews.
- Notify unsuccessful candidates and provide constructive feedback.
- Notify successful candidate via letter or email.
- Ensure candidate has the appropriate documents to legally work in the UK.
- If appropriate, undertake background checks on the candidate.
- Check if you need to enrol your new employee in a workplace pension scheme.
- Create and agree a new employment contract and get a signature from your new employee.
- Schedule any employment training necessary for the role.
- Agree a start date for your new employee.
This basic checklist is a great starting point for any business owner looking to hire an employee but it’s important to remember than every job role and hiring process is unique. As long as you have all the legal requirements covered, you can create your own unique hiring process to find a candidate that’s right for the role and for your business.
Funding sites have become a popular way for entrepreneurs to design products and grow their business. Let’s take a look at the ins and outs of the top 5 Crowdfunding websites to help you decide which one could be right for your business.
Setting up your own small business is a big step and one that needs to be thought through properly before you jump into it. This guide will highlight some of the key things you may want to consider before and during the setup of your brand new company, so that you can give yourself the best start.
With so many of us now opting to be our own boss, knowing how to juggle a busy home life and a business is a complete necessity. Whilst some of us thrive on the pressure of a jam-packed day, others need a boost to help them power through.
Building a loyal customer base is possibly the most important thing you can do for your company. Loyal customers keep you going and help you to positively move forward and evolve. This guide looks at some of the best ways you can build and keep a loyal customer base for your business.
Despite what people might say, you don’t have to be a creative person yourself to hire creative people for your company. It’s not about adopting crazy interviewing techniques or asking candidates ‘if you could be a biscuit, what type would you be?’.
When starting your own restaurant, you’ll likely make endless sacrifices in order to get it off the ground. A huge amount of your time and money will go into it and you may even need to take an evening job to keep up with costs.
Business owners face struggles every single day but it’s their dedication to the sector and their dreams that ultimately keeps them going. This guide looks at 5 of the biggest struggles of being a business owner and what you can do to face them.
Perfecting your business plan is the only way to secure that all important funding for your small business.
If you’re thinking about hiring your first technician, then you probably already know it’s not going to be an easy task. Finding the right tech expert isn’t easy, especially if you’re not 100% sure what you need yourself but there are a few ways you can attract the right people to the role.
With so many different ecommerce platforms out there, choosing one for your small business can be a real headache. Whilst some business owners want the quick and easy option, others want full customisation and options for coding. Below, we look at some of the best platforms available for building your business website.
If you’re considering becoming a construction contractor, then you’ve probably already thought about all the benefits it can offer. From greater flexibility to a higher wage, a move to contracting can improve your working life.
Many small businesses choose to sell their goods on Amazon as it’s an easy way to reach lots of different customers. It’s quite straightforward to start selling but there are a few different options you’ll want to consider along the way. This guide shows you how easy it is to get set up on Amazon marketplace and start selling your products today.
Hiring a new employee is difficult, but trying to fill a role that you know nothing about is even harder. As a business owner, you can’t be expected to know everything. You are however, expected to oversee everything, which means getting know a little bit about every new job role you create – even if it’s highly technical.
Every growing business should be using KPIs to move forward and evolve but how can you do that successfully? This guide shows you how you can use KPIs in an easy and effective way.